Boudoir...It's Not A Dirty Word :)
Lately there has been a lot of hype about Boudoir Sessions. For those of you who are unfamiliar with what these types of pictures are, I am going to clear some things up. For those of you who want to do them, but are unsure or don’t feel comfortable with the idea, I am going to shed some light on that as well.
First off, what is a Boudoir Session? A boudoir session is a photography session where you wear sexy lingerie, outfits, dresses or less J in a tasteful manner. These types of photo sessions can appear to be intimidating for most women, but I assure you, they are anything but.
Why would I get a Boudoir Session? There are lots of reasons to get them done. I have had clients get them as wedding gifts, anniversary gifts, valentine’s day surprise or a “just because” gift. If you are interested in getting them in conjunction with a wedding, let me know and we can work out a pricing discount.
Here are a few reasons why if you have doubts about doing them, you should reconsider:
1. YOU’LL LOOK AND FEEL AMAZING
I have some very good hair and makeup vendors that do a phenomenal job. They know exactly how to get you to the look you are looking for. I have been working with most of them for years so I can assure you won’t be disappointed. I often tell my clients to schedule a night out since they are already “done up”. Let’s face it ladies, we all want to lose some weight, but that can be a challenge in itself. Do not think you have to lose a lot of weight for these shoots. I can pose you in ways that will be the most flattering to you depending on your body type. Don’t let this stand in the way of getting these pictures. In addition, these pictures are for your loved one and should think you look beautiful no matter what.
2. IT CAN BE A GOOD SURPRISE AND GREAT GIFT FOR YOUR LOVED ONE
Imagine what the look on their face will be when you surprise them with your sexy pictures from the one that he loves! He thinks you’re beautiful unconditionally regardless if you just got done working out are having a bad hair day. When you show him how hot you look in sexy lingerie and professional makeup, you may really spark a fire :)
3. IT CAN BE A GIFT FOR YOURSELF
Everyone needs a little boost to their esteem every once in a while. Beautiful photographs of yourself can remind you how beautiful you really are even if you don’t feel that way all the time. Do it for yourself and love every minute of it. I also offer wine to mine clients to help loosen up so this is a reason in itself.
4. EVERYTHING YOU BUY CAN BE USED AGAIN
Most women get in a habit of putting others first most of the time, I guess it comes with the territory. Take some time out of your busy schedule and do some shopping for yourself! All of the lingerie that is bought can be worn again in the comfort of your home :)
The way the preparation and sessions normally take place is like the following:
1) First you go shopping to determine what you want to wear. You can go by yourself or make it a girls day.
2) Next you come to the studio and get your hair and makeup done. This is optional and not a requirement. Most women like to get this done, but it is completely up to you. If you wan t this option, please let me know in advance so I can coordinate with some of my vendors.
3) It’s photo time! The session will normally last between 1 ½ to 2 hours. I provide the wine so you can loosen up and be yourself. It is just me and you so you have nothing to be shy about. The shoots are 100% confidential.
4) I normally get the final pictures back to you in about 3 weeks on a digital zip file. At this point you can do whatever you want with them. You can print them or put them in an album.If you have any questions about these pictures, please don’t hesitate to ask. If you are on the fence about it, just do it! If you want to see my portfolio shoot me an email. Due to the nature of these photos, I don’t post this content on my site. I have several clients who have given me permission to share their galleries.
In addition to the above, this site has some great tips as well.
I was born and raised in Perry hall (Baltimore area) and have been living in Harford County Maryland for close to 15 years. I have two daughters that keep me very busy and a very understanding husband that helps keep me sane J I love all kinds of photography including Newborns, Weddings and Family. For the past several years I performed shoots out of my house, but recently opened a photography studio in Joppa, Maryland next to the “The Great Hall” Wedding Venue at the Millstad. My studio allows the perfect lighting to capture the best pictures and it is surrounded by 40 acres of property that is used by a ballet studio and gymnastics facility. There are plenty of places to photograph! I also have some favorite beautiful spots in the area that I like to photograph at as well. Whether you are looking to capture the first days of your baby’s life, the important times with your family, Senior Portraits for your High School Graduation, or walking down the aisle on your special wedding day, I would love for you to consider me! I do not take any of my business for granted and feel blessed to do what I love for my career. I invite you to check out my website and subscribe to my email list for exclusive discounts and updates. I try and write these blogs in a way that might answer some questions you may have. If you ever have any ideas for my blog, shoot me an email and I will be happy to see what I can do.
#BoudoirPhotography #BoudoirPhotographer #SexyPictures #StudioPictures #WeddingGift #WeddingPresent #WeddingPackage #WeddingPhotographer #BoudoirPicturesinBelAir #BoudoirPhotographyinHarfordCounty #MD